Since the beginning of automatic timing, SWISS TIMING (with it's sister company OMEGA) have always been "the" pioneer in proposing innovative solutions for competitive swimming, working closely with FINA and the world's TV broadcasters.
How does it work?
A Swimming race is defined by a number of lengths from one to 60, performed in a 25m or 50m pool.
To measure the time, a start system and finish detection system is required. The start, operated by an official (the starter), includes voice transmission to signal instructions to the swimmers, and a start device to generate audible and visual signals.
The start system distributes the signals to multiple loudspeakers within 1/1000th of a second, counteracting any disadvantage due to the speed of sound across the pool.
A touch panel is mounted on the wall in each swimmers lane. Our patented design registers a touch anywhere on the pad surface, whilst eliminating ghost touches from water movement. Every touch is sent to a central timer, stored and if verified as an official intermediate or finish time, shown on appropriate displays.
Scope of service
- Public & specific scoreboards
- Venue results
- Commentator information
- TV graphics
- Video backup
- Starting system for both ends of the pool including starters microphone and distributed speaker system
- Touch detection at both ends of the pool
- Detect early departure in takeover of relay races
- Capture and store high speed video backup of finishes
- Display start order, intermediate and finish times
- Display ranked result and summaries
- Creation and printing of start lists, data entry and results production
- Provision of start and qualifying lists, results and summaries to real-time displays such as scoreboards
- Statistics and medal tables
- Live results to TV graphics, information systems and Internet
- Automatic monitoring of world and international records
- Touch screen CIS, providing detailed race information, statistics and history of the competition
- Presentation of swimmers information
- Production of online graphics in SD and HD
- Display of start lists, intermediate and final results, event summaries
- Display of schedules
- Live timing during the race
- Automatic records detection and comparison
- Generic information on the race and event
- Competition statistics, medal standings, broken records, best performances
- Venue statistics and weather conditions
- Medal ceremonies
- Provision of cup standings, special rankings
- Insertion of "world record pace line" in the live feed
- Start list lane, names and flags into live pool image
- Result rank, names and flags into live pool image